Here are some reminders of current band happenings:
- Jazz Concert: The jazz bands play tonight, 11/16, in the high school’s PAC. Even if your child doesn’t participate in a jazz band, you’ll find the concerts are super entertaining, showcasing blooming improv talent. Call time is 6:00, and the concert begins at 7:00.
- Semi-Final Football Game: With a record of 12-0, our football team is tackling the competition! The next game will be played this Saturday at Lake Zurich against Mt. Carmel. Gates will open at 12:00, while the game begins at 1:00. Tickets are $6.00, and can be purchased at the gate. There will be a pep band performance, during which time the theme will be white out, so wear as much white gear as you can! Call time: 12:30.
- Potential State Game: If we beat Mt. Carmel this Saturday, we’ll be bound for State on Saturday, 11/25 at NIU. Stay-tuned for details!
- Poinsettia update: We were informed that our poinsettia grower has had a crop failure with the pink variety, and is unable to provide us with the quantity of plants we need. We’re short 43 pink plants. Is anyone willing to swap a red poinsettia for a pink plant(s) on your personal order? We’re hoping to get enough volunteers to switch so we don’t have to disappoint any customers. Please email Donna Young at email@example.com if you’re able to help. Poinsettia pick up will be on December 1st at Middle School North.
- Basketball Pep Band: Pep band season is almost upon us! Look for the schedule to be posted here early next week, but go ahead and mark your calendars right now for the December 14th pep band game at the Allstate Arena where our kids will be subbing in for Northwestern’s band. It’s sure to be a fun time!
- Band Parents’ Facebook Page: If you’re a Facebook user and haven’t already joined the band parents’ FB page but would like to, contact Sheri Conover and she can add you to the group. It’s an informative resource where Sheri and others add pertinent information such as call times, fundraising details, and concert happenings.